Sounds like a bit of a weird dish but it’s actually really tasty and completely free. Best to use a deep frying pan or heavy based saucepan for this one.
- 3 or 4 chicken fillets
- 330mL tin of diet coke
- Lea and Perrins sauce
- Vegetables (onions, peppers, mushrooms)
- Smash (optional)
- Cut your chicken into strips and chop up your vegetables.
- Fry your chicken in one cal spray until cooked.
- Add chopped vegetables.
- Add tin of diet coke to frying pan, 6 tablespoons of Passata (or more if you like because it’s free!), and a few dashes of worcester sauce.
- Simmer for approximately 25 minutes to reduce sauce.
- A handy tip for thickening sauces which I’ve mentioned on the site before is sprinkling in a little Smash powder to thicken the sauce up a little.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and lots of superfree vegetables!