This dinner is like a good old freezer dinner from before I started doing Slimming World but these Goujons and chips are far tastier because they taste so fresh, rather than processed rubbish that comes from supermarket freezers.
This dinner will take you about an hour to make as long as you’re well prepared and takes very little skill to make. And remember don’t forget about your superfree foods so have lots of veggies with your meal as well. You could even just make the goujons and have them with a nice big salad.
Chicken Goujons (serves 2-4) (free)
- 8 Chicken Mini fillets or chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 Egg
- 60g Couscous
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)
- Put your couscous into a bowl and pour boiling water until it’s just covered and leave to the side for about five to ten minutes.
- Whisk your egg in a bowl.
- Break the couscous apart with your hand or a fork.
- Coat the chicken with egg and roll in the couscous.
- Place onto a non-stick baking tray (or as I like to do a tin foil lined tray sprayed with one cal)
- Cook in the oven for approximately 25 minutes turning half way through cooking.
You could try this without cooking the couscous if you like it extra crispy I found that when the cooked couscous coating was put back into the oven it left a crispy coating anyway!
Slimming World Chips (free)
Anyone who has been to Slimming World will know these chips well by now I’m sure, but if you don’t here’s a recipe for these delicious and healthy chips!
- One cal spray
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (or 160°C for fan assisted ovens)
- You can either peel your potatoes or leave the skin on.
- Chop your potatoes into “chips”.
- Parboil for approximately ten minutes, being careful not to over cook the potato. You want your fork to be able to go through the potato but for the potato to not be entirely cooked.
- Drain the water from the potato and leave in the saucepan for approximately five to ten minutes to let some of the water evaporate off -this will allow the chips to crisp up a bit better in the oven.
- Spray a baking tray with one cal spray and spread your potato evenly across the tray and spray the potato with one cal again, at this point you can sprinkle some salt and pepper over the potato to taste. I like using Aromat seasoning as I find it quite tasty!
- Cook in the oven for about half an hour turning the chips once half way through.
Et voila! Tasty, healthy chips!
Chilli dip -just fat free natural yogurt and chilli flakes
Garlic dip -just fat free natural yogurt and crushed garlic and dried parsley
The garlic dip is my favourite, with plenty of garlic and parsley you really can’t taste the yogurt at all but with the chilli dip you can still taste the yogurt which may put some people off. This is great as all the ingredients are free on Slimming World!